Wednesday, August 10, 2011

How to Make Easy Tres Leches Cake with a Cake Mix




I have made tres leches cake this way a few times now and everyone loves it.  In fact, my kids made this recipe for my dear husband, Brian's birthday just last week, and even though I was away from home, I hear it turned out great.  That's how easy it is!
Quick and Delicious Tres Leches Cake

1 cake mix (Yellow, white, or even chocolate.  I recommend Duncan Hines because when I and two other ladies each made this recipe for a church dinner, they all agreed that mine was a bit better, and after comparing notes we came to the conclusion that the only thing I had done differently is to use a Duncan Hines brand cake mix.)  
2 cups whole milk
1-12 oz can evaporated milk or coconut milk  We enjoy using coconut milk!
1 - 14 ozcan sweetened condensed milk
1 pt whipping cream, or one tub of cool whip
sugar

Make the cake mix according to package directions. 
Cool cake completely in pan.
Mix together milk, coconut milk, and sweetened condensed milk.  Prick the top of your cake all over with a fork.  Pour milk mixture evenly over cake.  Refrigerate over night.
If you are using whipping cream, whip the cream til soft peaks form.  Add sugar to taste.  
Spread whipped cream or cool whip over the top of cake and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment